About Dennis W. Moore
Dennis is the son of Mr. Louis P. Moore and the late Nancy V. Moore of Minden, Louisiana. He was born and raised in Minden, Louisiana, where he graduated from Minden High School. Dennis was taught at an early age that education, hard work, and persistence are the keys to success in life.
Dennis attended Grambling State University where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science with a minor emphasis in Mathematics. After graduation, he began his career as a software engineer for Control Data Corporation, and later with Seimens Corporation. During this time, he furthered his education by earning a Master of Science degree in Software Design and Development from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota.
In 1994, Dennis made a pivotal decision to change his career path by moving back home to Louisiana and pursuing one of his passions, that of studying law. Dennis attended Tulane Law School and earned his Juris Doctor in 1997.
Dennis’ legal career began with a one-year clerkship at Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans under the tutorship of the Honorable Roland L. Belsome, Jr. Upon the completion of his clerkship, Dennis worked as a staff attorney for the Orleans Indigent Defender Program, representing defendants through the criminal process.
From 1997-2004, he served as an adjunct professor at Tulane University’s A.B. Freeman School of Business. He also opened a solo practice and was later a founding partner of Wright Moore & Associates and Wright McMillan & Moore, LLC. In his private practice, Dennis has handled cases in the areas of criminal defense law, personal injury, family and domestic law, real estate, and civil litigation.
Since 2010, Dennis has worked as a staff attorney with the Capital Defense Project of Southeast Louisiana. For the last 10 years, Dennis has handled multiple 1st-degree murder cases over the State of Louisiana as a certified 2nd Chair Attorney.
For more than 22 years, Dennis has been an exemplary attorney greatly contributing to the legal profession in the State of Louisiana and specifically in the Greater New Orleans area. He has devoted his life to serving the community by helping people who need able representation in navigating through the legal system. Dennis has the experience, knowledge, professionalism, and temperament to serve as an outstanding judge of Orleans Parish Criminal District Court, Section A.
- Tulane Law School, Juris Doctor
- University of Saint Thomas, Master of Software Design and Development
- Grambling State University, Bachelor of Science
- Dennis W. Moore, LLC,
- Attorney at Law
- Capital Defense Project of Southeast Louisiana, Staff Attorney
- Wright, McMillan & Moore, LLC
- Wright, Moore & Associates
- Orleans Indigent Defender Program, Attorney Public Defender
- Tulane University – A.B. Freeman School of Business, Adjunct Professor
- Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans, Law Clerk for Judge Roland L. Belsome, Jr.
- Siemens-Empros, Software Engineer
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association – Eastern District of Louisiana
- Greater New Orleans Louis A. Martinet Legal Society, Inc.
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Association, Inc.
- Franklin Avenue Baptist Church
- Bring efficiency to the court system.
- Work along with the Clerk of Court to incorporate new technology into the judicial process.
- Reduce the open-case files.
- Implement an electronic filing system.
- Implement a monthly calendar with index and docket masters available online so that cases can be followed by the public.
- Expand the drug court program.
- Expand the reentry program.
- Help those citizens who are eligible for expungement with the application process.